COVID-19 – Policies and Procedures
Updated February 2, 2022
We are continually updating our processes and protocols in accordance with the most recent Community Care Licensing and CDC guidance. Group sizes are now smaller, and we are practicing social distancing to the best of our ability.
There will be a required onsite Daily Health Check for all staff and families before coming into school. Additionally, students will receive a health check throughout the day in their classroom. Each staff member, and student will have his or her temperature taken by a staff member with a non-contact thermometer every day at drop off as well as undergo a visual health check before being admitted into school.
Only students and staff will be allowed in the Seedlings Preschool building. Drop-Off and pick-up will take place at designated outside areas depending on your child’s class. Families must practice social distancing in the designated area during drop off and pick up and the adult drop off person must wear a mask when outside of their vehicle.
CDC recommended hygiene and handwashing procedures will be emphasized in the classrooms.
Each group will remain in consistent groupings with consistent staffing with a daily group size of no more than sixteen students and two teachers, or as mandated by the Contra Costa Department of Public Health should group sizes change.
Social/Physical Distancing: We will make accommodations to spread children out in the physical spaces as much as possible. Adults will wear masks at all times while on campus. It is recommended that children two years and older wear a mask. We understand that this will not work for all children, but if they have a mask we can at least encourage them to wear them especially in instances where they come in closer contact with other children.
Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces will occur throughout the day, including but not limited to: toys, door knobs, bathrooms (including sinks & toilets) and outdoor surfaces (climbing structure, railings, handles, edges, ride on bikes).
Families should anticipate that temporary closings may occur during the duration of this pandemic.
- Drop off times and pick up times will be staggered to ensure smaller groups at any one time in the common areas. Toddler classes will drop off between 9:15-9:30 a.m. Preschool classes will drop off between 9:00-9:15 a.m. Toddler class will pick up between 2:15-2:30 p.m. Preschool classes will pick up between 2:00-2:15 p.m.
- Each student grouping will have dedicated staff members.
- Seedlings administration will determine class groups in order to keep daily class sizes as small as possible.
- Staff members will not cross over between groups of students and students will not move between groups of students to the greatest extent possible.
- Families will be required to sign a Covid Contract and confirm acknowledgement that they are adhering to the guidelines of the county’s covid-19 recommended best practices ordinance.
- Seedlings Preschool communicates with families using both email and text messaging.
- Urgent Communications about the health and well-being of students are communicated through our database text message system.
- Detailed Information (school policies, procedures, plans and updates) is sent via email.
- Emergency Communication, including but not limited to school closures due to air quality, illness, shelter in place or other events, will be sent as a brief text message and more detailed information will also be sent via email.
Our highest priority is the health and wellbeing of our families and staff. In order to limit the opportunity for transmission to our community we will continue to stay up-to-date on our counties policies and follow all of the listed protocols.