A Month of love does!
This year one day is not enough to support and love our community, so we have dedicated a whole month of curated projects to choose from. Though we will not be able to work side by side as we normally do, we will work separately but together. The goal is for everyone to choose at least one project and collectively as a congregation make an impact on those who are underserved and struggling.
Help us to share the love this year, at a time where our community needs more love now than ever before:
- 2/13, 2/27, 3/13 Help STAND! make ready one of their housing units in preparation for the return of their clients.
- Help write a note of appreciation to a First Responder. Sign up for one or more individuals and let them know how much we all appreciate them!
- Hygiene Kits- Participants will create a hygiene kit with required items and a note of encouragement inside.
- Breakfast Kits- Participants will create breakfast kits for homeless men and women to make sure they have at least one meal they can rely on.
- In addition, LOPC will be co-hosting the Winter Nights Shelter (formally Warm Winter Nights) with Walnut Creek United Methodist Church February 8-22. Though the families will be housed at WCUMC, LOPC will be responsible for providing breakfast, dinner and snacks.
- Polar Fleece Blanket Kit Pick-up- Participants will pick up a kit to take home, complete and return finished.
Virtual Prayer Wall
Love does is about showing our community that we care through our actions, including our prayers. The focus of love does during the month of February is to support our mission partners, many which are working hard to support struggling members of our community who are seeking essential services and resources. We also want to continue to pray for those in our community who are putting themselves at risk to help others including, medical professionals, caregivers, EMTs, delivery drivers, fireman, police officers, military personnel, etc.
Please submit a prayer in your own words for our community, mission partner, essential worker, or submit a prayer of hope on this virtual love does wall during the month of February.