Vacation Bible Camp
At Vacation Bible Camp, we explore God’s goodness and celebrate how God helps us through songs, stories, games, activities, and more. Camp is where kids experience the love of God, grow in the values of kindness, justice, and mercy, and learn to change the world around them by being the hands, feet, and heart of God.
- Who: Kids who are 4 years old by June 1st to completed 4th Grade (June 2022)
- Dates: Monday, June 6th – Friday, June 10th, 2022
- Time: Monday; Tuesday; Thursday; Friday 2-5 pm; Wednesday 2-4 pm
- Cost: $85 per child (before May 1st); $100 per child (after May 1st)
Registration is now CLOSED for campers. Please contact Lori Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list. This is a parent participation program and camp capacity depends on volunteer participation. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and preference is given to families who sign up an adult volunteer for all five days of camp.
Be a Camp Volunteer
We would love to open camp up to as many families as possible, but we are dependent on our volunteers. Not only are volunteers essential to our program, the relationships that are built during this week last a lifetime. Please see below for more information about volunteering at Vacation Bible Camp.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the COVID safety protocols for camp?
We will be following and implementing all guidelines recommended by both the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Contra Costa County Health Services (CCCHS). As of May, 2022, these are the Vacation Bible Camp guidelines:
- Masks are NOT required for camp participants or volunteers, but you may wear a mask if you so desire.
- We do encourage all campers and volunteers to wear a mask during camp for the safety of everyone.
- Camp rotations are outdoors and indoors in rooms where doors are open and ventilation is constant.
How has Vacation Bible Camp changed in response to the COVID protocols?
Camp has changed in a number of ways, including:
- We encourage volunteers to serve all five days at camp.
- We recommend that all campers who are age-eligible be fully vaccinated.
- We recommend that all volunteers be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Food for the snack rotation will be individually prepackaged.
Will childcare be offered? What about PreK Camp?
- We will offer childcare for children of volunteers who are not age-eligible for camp.
- We will offer PreK Camp if we are able to get a large enough volunteer response.
I do not attend LOPC. May my children come to VB Camp?
Absolutely! Vacation Bible Camp is open to the whole community.
How do I register my children?
Registration for kids is now CLOSED. Please note that our registration capacity is determined by the volunteers we have. The more adult volunteers we have, the more children we can register. If registration is closed, you can place your child on the Vacation Bible Camp waitlist by emailing Lori Robinson at email@example.com
Can my child with special needs attend Vacation Bible Camp?
We love and support special needs families here at LOPC, so if your child with special needs would like to attend VB Camp this summer, please contact our Special Needs Coordinator Susan Wentworth at susan@LOPC.org or 925.283.8722 ext 237.
Can I still register even if my child cannot attend all five days?
Yes! You can register your child for as many days as they are able to attend. However, we do not offer prorated registration fees. So, the registration fee is the same no matter how many days your child actually attends camp.
Why does Vacation Bible Camp only go through completed 4th grade?
LOPC’s Children’s Ministry programs run through 4th grade; 5th grade and above fall under Youth Ministry. Youth who have completed 5th grade may apply to be youth volunteers.
How do I register to volunteer?
Registration for volunteers is now open. Please use the “Volunteer Registration Form” link above to register as a volunteer for camp. Please note that our registration capacity is determined by the number of volunteers we have. The more adult volunteers we have, the more children we can register.
Are there any special requirements to volunteer?
All adult volunteers must have a valid background check on file with LOPC that is current within the last two years. Once you register to volunteer, you will be sent a link to submit a background check if you have not already done so.
May teens volunteer for Vacation Bible Camp?
We love youth volunteers! Youth who have completed 5th grade and up are welcome to register to volunteer. LOPC reserves the right to schedule and place all volunteers, including youth, in a manner that ensures the safety, security, and goodwill of the entire camp.
I have more questions! Who can I contact?
For all other Vacation Bible Camp questions, you may contact Lori Robinson, Director of Children’s Ministry, at (925) 283-8722 ext 251 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.