Work With Us
Lafayette-Orinda Presbyterian Church seeks talented people to offer their gifts and abilities to support the church’s mission of being a welcoming and loving community of faith that learns, grows, and serves together. We believe that all staff do their own special kind of ministry, whether working with adults or children, songs or spreadsheets, congregational visits or computers, and more. We seek to support and encourage each other, our congregation, and our many neighbors here in the Lamorinda area and beyond.
Click on the + to expand job descriptions.
Worship & Music Coordinator
Job Title: Worship & Music Coordinator
Job Reports To: Director of Worship & Music
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full Time
Job Summary: Coordinates the general operation, production, and execution of worship services and teams including clergy, worship team, musical ensembles, laity, and worship technology. Maintains, manages, and communicates Worship & Music schedules, calendars, special events, and concerts. Provides general support for the Director of Worship and Music.
If interested, Email Elizabeth Ball.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Worship Coordination – 75%
- Coordinate production of all regular worship services and LOPC-produced worship department events. Fill various production roles as needed (e.g. guest artist handler, projectionist, house manager).
- Produce all printed and projected worship materials including the weekly orders of worship (bulletins), ProPresenter slide presentations, music/worship leaders scripts, and necessary signages for event and services. Collect, organize, and insert all required information into bulletin and slide presentations. Ensure content and typographical continuity between all materials. Print materials using featured functions available with the equipment.
- Generate facilities setup work orders for all rehearsal, services, and department meetings. Communicate related details to all involved parties.
- Locate communion servers and other individuals to lead in worship as directed.
- Manage seasonal use of visual arts (e.g. Sanctuary paraments and banners)
- Together with the Director of Worship & Music, create the annual Worship department budget. Track budgetary expenses and generate check requests. Collaborate with Accountant, Treasurer, and Finance Elder to ensure smooth day-to-day financial operation and fiscal accountability. Manage all departmental vendor accounts.
- Together with the Director of Worship & Music, administrate the LOPC Planning Center Online (PCO) account and ensure consistent best practices. Frequently update worship plans to reflect current team discussions and programming decisions.
- Serve as the primary staff resource for the Worship Team (staff, elders, and volunteer team leaders). Manage scheduling and communication for, and attend, all meetings.
- Coordinate with the Communications Associate to ensure departmental events are well represented in church-wide publications. Update lopc.org with current Worship department information.
- Update church-wide calendar with all Worship department events.
Ensemble Coordination – 15%
- Develop and maintain updated calendars for music ensembles.
- Cross-reference information on lopc.org and provide updates in consort with music staff and volunteers.
- Provide assorted materials for rehearsals (e.g. music duplication, translations, rosters).
- Maintain the choral and music database and library
- As needed, work with outside directors and ensembles to organize collaborative musical events.
- Work with worship volunteers, such as the choir leadership team, choral robe helpers, and the hospitality team leaders. Empower and delegate tasks to volunteers as much as possible.
General Office Support – 10%
- Provide general support for Director of Worship and Music
- Answer phones, greet visitors, take and distributes messages to music team
- Enter data, make scans/copies, and maintain files as needed
- Maintain the worship office in a neat and orderly condition
- With Receptionist, maintain stock of needed office supplies
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum three years of event coordination, diversified office experience, and background in worship and music
Special Skills, Licenses or Certifications:
- Ability to work Sundays, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m., and occasional evenings and Saturdays
- Ability to manage and organize detailed information and keep accurate records and an organized file system
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional grammar, typography, and proofreading skills
- Strong initiative and problem-solving capacity
- Flexible: able to adapt quickly to change and to improvise when needed
- Ability to enforce deadlines and guidelines while maintaining a general cordiality with others
- Ability to type accurately and operate other standard office equipment
- Strong internet research skills
- Strong proficiency with MacOS, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign & Illustrator, ProPresenter, Apple Pages, and Numbers
- General level of musical literacy (music-reading and basic knowledge of musical terms and composers)
- General knowledge of worship styles and church culture
- Pleasant and courteous demeanor in person, on the telephone, and in text-based communications
- Christian faith
- Commitment to LOPC’s Mission, Vision & Values
- Proficiency with Finale musical notation software
- Proficiency with ProPresenter software, Pixelmator Pro, Affinity Publisher
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping
Associate Director of Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministry
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Hours: FT/40 hrs per week
Job Summary: The Associate Director, under the supervision of the Director, works to make Children’s Ministry at LOPC a place that is welcoming to children and their families through unique worship opportunities, an inspired and educated volunteer corps, excellent programming, and an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration as we grow in love and service to God.
To apply: Email Jaime Polson, Pastor of Family Ministries and Executive Ministry Leadership
Essential Functions of the Job:
Engaging Children in Worship 20%
- Develop a process for the continuing integration of children and families into regular community worship within LOPC’s unique context.
- Work proactively with Music & Worship to design and implement opportunities for children to worship at LOPC.
- Supervise and collaborate with the Coordinator for Children’s Choirs on engaging children in worship leadership opportunities.
- Work with children and youth ministry teams to create special youth-oriented services including: Youth Sunday, Third Grade Bible Sunday, Christmas Eve family service and Easter Sunday family service.
Volunteer Development 35%
- Schedule, send out reminders, and oversee volunteer assignments for all children’s programs including finding substitutes for open volunteer positions.
- Recruit, train, and celebrate volunteers as a part of a holistic approach to Children’s Ministry education.
- Develop a long-term plan for volunteer education, utilizing resources from conferences and best practices from other institutions.
- Develop job descriptions for the various Children’s Ministry volunteer opportunities.
Program Management 35%
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop a vision, mission and achievable yearly goals for all programs.
- Assist in managing all programs, including welcoming families, procuring supplies, preparing class materials, room setup, and teaching.
- Assist in developing relationships with families and leading groups when appropriate.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to plan and execute special seasonal events.
- Collaborate with all Children’s Ministry program leaders to ensure that administrative needs are covered.
Vision and Long-Range Planning 10%
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to articulate a coherent vision and strategy for Children’s Ministry at LOPC, both short- and long-term.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to integrate an emphasis on racial equity and anti-bias values into all children’s programs and curriculums.
- Attend continuing education events related to children’s ministry as required and encouraged.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Three years of working in children’s or youth ministry in a church setting
Special Skills, Licenses or Certifications: None
- Demonstrate LOPC Core Values
- Support LOPC’s Mission, Vision and Objectives
- Support racial equity and anti-bias values
- Experience with engaging children in worship settings
- Experience teaching children from PreK through 4th grade
- Supervisory experience and experience with volunteer development
- Able to relate to and communicate easily with children and families
- Attention to detail
- Invested interest in quality Children’s Ministry programming